Sense of Place
There’s no doubt that Louisville’s a leader in the region for being one of the first towns near Boulder to revive its own downtown and embrace an identity of its own. This active and approachable community draws devotion from residents for its friendliness, safety, and smart development. It’s no wonder Louisville is often ranked a top place to live in the country.
Spot Us Here: Moxie Bread Co. (we’re here every.dang.day.)
Shhhh… Best-Kept Secret: Tilt Pinball arcade jingles and bleeps with rows of pinball machines and vintage video games, plus serves pizza and drinks, too.
Claim to Fame: 10 Best Towns for Families in the U.S. — Family Circle Magazine
Lay of the Land
An easy 15-minute drive down South Boulder Road or Highway 36 and you’ll be in Boulder—or head east 30 minutes to Denver. But know that everything you need is right here, from the independent businesses on historic downtown Main Street to the dining and big-box shops on McCaslin Boulevard to the big-sky views from Davidson Mesa on the town’s west side.
What Locals Love to Do
- Discover Louisville’s downtown, a legit destination in itself and a true community gathering place, with top-notch eateries, coffee shops, bakeries, breweries, boutiques, ice cream shops, a library and a winter skating rink.
- Take part in Friday-night street fairs and annual hometown parades that are the summertime norm downtown.
- Cool off at shady Memory Square Park and community pool, just a couple of blocks from Main Street.
- Workout, swim, and get fit at the recently upgraded and well-kept Louisville Recreation & Senior Center.
- Bike or stroll a large network of paths that wind through meadows and lush residential areas—even one that goes all the way to Boulder.
- Play a round at Coal Creek Golf Course and try not to be too distracted by the mountain views to the west.
Social Cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content you find interesting throughout the website through third-party social networking or other websites (including, potentially for advertising purposes related to social networking).